Sunday, December 17, 2006

Rainy Day Memory

It's a cold, rainy day in the city...
...and all these faces, strange
And ugly in their expressions,
And all of these dreams,
And the strong scent of rum on
underlying meanings of words that
seem to wabble off the tongue of
all the drunks you knew and loved
The wind leaves a whisper in her mouth,
she doesn't speak ,
on a hundred and 85th street i met
one lonely walk through a lonely park
one lonely day spent along
the lonesome crowded ways where love
sits with hunger

all that matters now is the warm
beer I am holding in my
left hand writing this with my right
now and the pad precariously lying on my lap
slipping slowly in time..
...Gravity sans friction and
my mind on a straight line
into the sun

And what right have I to tell you
How to live your life if I
can barely stand the sight of my own
goddamned face in the cracked
moldy looking-glass of
my life's memories thus far...
reflecting,considering,looking back
less you get stabbed and die
like a dead dog in the streets..worthless
now no bones to bury
paws to dig or anything deep
worth dirt mentioning four...
on all fours on my neighbors lawn

...23 turns round the sun
and I've yet to enjoy a sunshiny
day as of yet.....A rainy day
afternoon in the autumn of my candle
dreaming burning at two ends candle
of a lousy life like weeds
growing on god's good earth it seems to be

I fucked a durty drunken
dizzy dame today...right on my neighbors
moonlit lawn...the grass was more of a short
emerald gray than a high growing green grass
to my knees and she on hers sucks and fucks me
for free...a prostitute she was
too young and all too beautiful
and we kissed and she undressed and pulled
down my pants in a fit of desired gravity
and she passes the joint before flying on south
was my pretty bird May
was my little hearts prey
for a night and day

and her voice was like honey
her lips like ripe
cherries and her panties were soaked for love of me..
lovely girl
and she fucked me for free..
sweet sweet girl
of mine happy one day memories
this drunken poem in love
to answer your question ...
the only thing you asked of me...
miss you boo and your laughter
and I'd like to wish you a happily ever after..

No comments: